The report stated that Amy died of "misadventure," since she voluntarily put the liquor into her system.
The unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels (of alcohol) was her sudden and unexpected death," the coroner wrote.Winehouse's blood-alcohol content at the time of her death was 416 milligrams, over five times the legal limit, Reuters reports.
Depending on body type, a blood-alcohol content of 350 milligrams is when fatal alcohol poisoning could occur. Winehouse's ability to imbibe freely was reduced significantly after the singer quit drinking entirely in July, so when the sudden flood of alcohol reentered her system, the shock was too much for her body to handle. The toxicology report also confirmed that no illegal substances were found in the singer's system at the time of her death.